Did you ever wonder how websites are made? Have you ever wanted to make your own website? Making a website is easier than you may think. In this workshop, students will learn the elements of HTML and CSS and use them to create a website. Using a text editor and web browser, students will edit web page templates and use them to make their own website.
- Dates: Mon-Tue, June 29, 30, 2020
- Times: 10:00 – 11:30 & 1:30 – 3:00
- Grades: 6th – 8th
- Spots Available: First 10 individuals
- Location: Virtual, invitations will be sent. Students can use CareerTek location if they do not have access to a computer.
- Instructor: Melissa Dix
- Presented by:
In partnership with Blackhawk Technical College
- Deadline: June 19th
Hendricks CareerTek is excited to bring exploratory academies to youth in the greater Beloit area this summer. Young people can enjoy hands on exploratory activities across a broad range of career fields. Work side by side with experienced local professionals.
- Advanced Construction
- Animation and Graphics with Python
- Babysitting Basics
- Fire Ops
- Freshman College Experience
- Front End Web Development
- Girls Engineering & Construction
- Internet of Things (IOT) and Smart Devices
- Introduction to HVAC
- Police Science
- Python Programming
- Make a Website with HTML/CSS
Please carefully examine your calendar to ensure your child is able to commit to each academy being signed up for. Participants who fail to attend an academy experience without notifying us will have his/her enrollment from all other academies removed out of consideration for those on our waiting lists.