Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) provide intimate, hands-on healthcare to patients in medical settings, helping with bathing, dressing and the basic activities of life. A day in the life of a CNA might also include:
- Turning or repositioning bedridden patients
- Taking patients’ temperature, blood pressure and other vital signs
- Answering patient calls
- Documenting patients’ health issues and report to nurses
- Feeding patients, measuring and recording their food and liquid intake
- Cleaning rooms and bed linens
- Helping with medical procedures
- Dressing wounds
Job opportunities are available upon certification.
Partnering together, Beloit Health System, Hendricks CareerTek and Blackhawk Technical College encourage students interested in learning more about health sciences and nurse training.
Individual programs include:
- Middle School Age Students
- High School Age Students
- CPR/AED Classes
- Healthcare Academies
CareerTek coordinates field trips to local and state health science or healthcare institutions for a behind-the-scenes tour and career-related experience. Recent field trips include:
- UW School of Nursing
- Froederdt Hospital
- North Pointe Wellness Center
Held in the Summer SCRUBS is a six week, on-site immersive nursing experience that will provide hands-on healthcare activities at Beloit Memorial Hospital.
- Middle School Medical Academy | Grades 7 & 8
- High School Medical Academy | Grades 9 – 12