A job shadow is designed to give students an opportunity to spend a day with a professional in order to experience what it is like working in a potential career, to better decide if it is a path they would like to pursue.
Based upon your interest, CareerTek will coordinate a job shadow opportunity for you with one of our local business partners.
Department of Workforce Development’s Youth Apprenticeship (YA) is a highly successful talent acquisition strategy in which employers hire high school juniors or seniors for a one or two-year apprenticeship. CareerTek can help you navigate the process!
Areas of Youth Apprenticeship Programs:
- Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources (AFNR)
- Architecture and Construction
- Arts, A/V Technology & Communications
- Health Sciences
- Hospitality, Lodging and Tourism
- Information Technology (IT)
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM)
- Transportation, Distribution and Logistics
Resume & Cover Letter Writing
A good resume is a tool to open the door to your future. While a solid resume may look simple, it requires careful thought and organization. If you are creating a resume for the first time, overhauling or just making minor tweaks, attend the resume workshop or request a one-on-one session for that personalized guidance.
Resume writing covers the following:
- Formatting–Get assistance choosing the right format for you.
- Content–Discover the type of content an employer needs to see.
- Key Vocabulary–Select and use keywords that convey your experience and skill set.
- Tips–How to use your resume and get the most out of your living document.
- Editing/Proofreading–Get editing advice and support to proudly present a polished product to your potential employer.
Making sound and informed financial decisions is more important than ever. Grow your understanding of basic money management strategies to get you off on the right foot once you begin earning a paycheck. Avoid the pitfalls and temptations by increasing your overall knowledge of your financial skills.
This hands on finance class provides learning opportunities led by finance professionals from around the community. Learn about the power of interest, how to use and monitor accounts, establishing credit, credit card management, taxes, your pay stub along with saving and investing in your future.
Get off on the right foot and establish a positive relationship with money starting with your first paycheck–it will make all the difference in your life.