From color changing lights to garage door openers to smart refrigerators, more and more devices are connected via the Internet. So how does it work? Learn all about the Internet of Things and what it takes to control a light emitting diode (LED) through the Internet. You will build a circuit, program firmware and create a web page to control the LED. Sounds hard? Join the workshop and you will be an Internet of Things expert in no time.
- Dates: Mon & Tue, Aug. 3 & 4, 2020
- Times: 10:00 – 11:30 & 1:30 – 3:00
- Grades: 6th – 9th
- Spots Available: First 10 individuals
- Location: Virtual, invitations will be sent. Students can use CareerTek location if they do not have access to a computer.
- Instructor: Melissa Dix
- Presented by:
In partnership with Blackhawk Technical College
Hendricks CareerTek is excited to bring exploratory academies to youth in the greater Beloit area this summer. Young people can enjoy hands on exploratory activities across a broad range of career fields. Work side by side with experienced local professionals.
- Advanced Construction
- Animation and Graphics with Python
- Babysitting Basics
- Fire Ops
- Freshman College Experience
- Front End Web Development
- Girls Engineering & Construction
- Internet of Things (IOT) and Smart Devices
- Introduction to HVAC
- Police Science
- Python Programming
- Make a Website with HTML/CSS
Please carefully examine your calendar to ensure your child is able to commit to each academy being signed up for. Participants who fail to attend an academy experience without notifying us will have his/her enrollment from all other academies removed out of consideration for those on our waiting lists.