To teach students the basics of Python programming, including a history of the language and an exploration of the way it is used in the IoT (Internet of Things)
Summary of Activities:
- Students will hear a brief history of programming that includes Python, and we’ll have a discussion about all the places Python is used.
- We’ll set up an environment of free interpreter software that they can use at home to further their learning.
- We’ll write a simple program and then advance to more complicated scripting as time allows.
- Students will leave with some resources they can use to continue learning to program in Python on their own.
- Registration deadline: Sat. Apr. 30
- Grades: 6-8
- Number students: 10
- Times: 9:00-3:00 (lunch included)
This academy is made possible through a collaborative partnership between Hendricks CareerTek and Blackhawk Technical College
Hendricks CareerTek is excited to bring exploratory academies to youth in the greater Beloit area this summer. Young people can enjoy hands on exploratory activities across a broad range of career fields. Work side by side with experienced local professionals.
Please carefully examine your calendar to ensure your child is able to commit to each academy being signed up for. Participants who fail to attend an academy experience without notifying us will have his/her enrollment from all other academies removed out of consideration for those on our waiting lists.