Explore Health Care
4 Week, Hands-On After School Program
The healthcare afterschool program is a 6-week program partnering with Mercy Health Janesville in which students are able to learn about careers in a major hospital. This program is for grades 6-9 and meets each Wednesday of the month. It also gives students the opportunity to earn Skill Certifications upon completion. The first three weeks will be here at the CareerTek space, and the last week will be at Mercy Hospital for a tour.
- Nov 1st- Respiratory Therapy
- Nov 8th- Imaging
- Nov 15th- Physical Therapy
- Nov 29th- Labor and Delivery
- Dec 6th- Emergency Services
- Dec 13th- Tour
Registration is open from October 15th-30th with spots available for 12-15 students. Students signing up for this program are expected to be at all Wednesday meetings from 4:00-5:00 pm.
- Dates: Six Wednesdays: 11/01, 11/08, 11/15, 11/29, 12/6, 12/13
- Time: 4:00 – 5:00 pm
- Location: Hendricks CareerTek | 625 3rd St. Unit 200, Beloit
Tour site: Mercy Health Hospital | 1000 Mineral Point Ave, Janesville WI
- Grades: 6-9
- Spots Available: 12-15
- Registration: Oct. 15th – 31st.