Hendricks CareerTek recognizes the investment company’s make in building their talent base. Let us be part of your business training solutions. Hendricks CareerTek can partner with your business to provide services to secure trainers, schedule, and host sessions that meet both your needs and that of your employees. By keeping training solutions local, travel costs for employees are kept to a minimum and time away from the work site is further reduced.
Have a training need within your business? Please ask us–we would welcome the opportunity to be part of your training solutions.
“The faster new hires feel welcome and prepared for their jobs, the faster they will be able to successfully contribute to the firm’s mission” (T. Baur. Onboarding new employees: Maximizing Success). Hendricks CareerTek supports onboarding of newly hired young adults by supporting requisite learning to help individuals be successful assets to your company.
Hendricks CareerTek can help introduce a new young adult employee to necessary workplace rules and expectations, support paperwork completion, schedule regular check-ins and assist when workplace issues may arise. By supporting young adults transition into the workforce, increase their confidence as they navigate their new workplace environment.
Need assistance with completing your FAFSA? Have questions about the process? Our FAFSA completion workshops help both students and parents complete financial documents necessary for applying for federal aid, and it is also an application for funds from many schools and from the state.
What you need to bring:
- Federal tax returns and W2s
- Untaxed income records
- Information on savings, investments, business assets and farm assets (if applicable)
- Driver’s License (if you have one)
- Social Security Number
- Registration Card (if you are not a US Citizen)
- Date of birth for parents (month and year of parents’ marriage, divorce or separation if applicable)
Resume & Cover Letter Writing
A good resume is a tool to open the door to your future. While a solid resume may look simple, it requires careful thought and organization. If you are creating a resume for the first time, overhauling or just making minor tweaks, attend the resume workshop or request a one-on-one session for that personalized guidance.
Resume writing covers the following:
- Resume Formatting–Get assistance choosing the right formatting for you.
- Resume Content–What type of content does an employer need to see.
- Key Vocabulary–convey the types of skills you possess and will bring to your employer, select and use keywords that convey your experience and skill set.
- Tips–How to use your resume and get the most out of your living document.
- Editing/Proofreading–Get editing advice and support to proudly allow you to present a polished product to your potential employer.