Innovation Club | WINTER 2024
12-week (one semester) long project
The makers club at CareerTek is a 12-week (one semester) long club in which students are taking on different projects and learning skills in engineering and automation. The skills/focuses in this program include-
- Jan 8th through Jan 29th – Introduction to SolidWorks
- Feb 5th through Feb 26th- Reading a blueprint
- Mar 4th through Mar 11th- Creating assemblies
- Mar 18th- CSWA practice exam
- Mar 25th- CSWA exam
It is important for students to attend all Monday meetings to learn the skills required for the projects/tests. Upon completion of this program and passing the exam, students will earn their SolidWorks Certified Associates, which can be used as a prerequisite for a Mechanical Design Degree.
- Dates: See above
- Time: 4:00 – 6:00 pm
- Location: Hendricks CareerTek | 625 3rd St. Unit 200, Beloit
- Grades: 10th – 12th
- Spots Available: 10 students
- Registration: Opens Dec. 1st.